Michael De Dora
Posted on April 20, 2012
If you hadn’t already heard of it, Unite Women is a new organization whose mission is to bring together Americans against the recent political attacks on women’s rights (from reproductive to economic), in part by orchestrating marches and rallies across the United States on Saturday, April 28.
I feel fortunate to announce that I will be speaking at their rally in New York City. Here’s the (rather impressive) speaker list:
- Jasmine Burnett, Raising Voices
- Colia Clark, Candidate for U.S. Senate (Green Party-NY)
- Michael De Dora, Center for Inquiry
- Mona Eltahawy, independent journalist
- Rep. Richard Gottfried, New York State Assembly
- Barbara Grufferman, Huffington Post
- Anne Klaeysen, New York Society for Ethical Culture
- Leighann Lord, comedian
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney, U.S. House of Represenatives (D-NY)
- Lynn Paltrow, National Advocates for Pregnant Women
- Martha Plimpton, actress
- Scott Stringer, Manhattan Borough President
To find out more about the NYC rally, click here.
If you’re from elsewhere in the U.S., visit UniteWomen.org and click on your state to see what’s happening in your area.
Tagged: abortion, ethics, morality, Politics, reproductive rights, war on women, women