Massimo Pigliucci’s series on ethics
Posted on September 29, 2011
Philosopher (and friend) Massimo Pigliucci recently concluded a series of seven essays about ethics on at his blog Rationally Speaking. In these seven essays, Pigliucci discusses everything from meta-ethics (is there right and wrong?) to ethical theories (what is right and wrong?) that are person-focused in nature (deontology, virtue ethics) to ones that are more societal or political (consequentialism, egalitarianism).
Here is a list of the entries and their subject matter. I highly recommend them as reading for anyone interested in exploring the basic of ethics.
- First article: meta-ethics.
- Second article: consequentialism.
- Third article: deontological ethics.
- Fourth article: modern virtue ethics.
- Fifth article: contractarianism.
- Sixth article: egalitarianism.
- Seventh article: the full picture, a summary.